SOCIAL MEDIA

Wednesday, September 23, 2020

Village wax melts | review


There's no doubt about it that wax melts are growing more popular as time goes on. I never actually knew they were a thing until last year, and oh my have I been in love with them ever since. I never used to be aloud candles when I lived back home, but since we lived on our own I decided to get some because I love the mood and vibe they create, plus they smell great! Mrs Hinch first got me into them, I was fascinated over the fact this little cube of wax can scent your whole house. I loved it, and ever since I've been collecting them and gotten so many from it. 



I decided to try out a new brand, village wax melts of whom I found over on Instagram. I fell in love with their packaging, it looked so pretty. I think the main sell point is the packaging. This company had the prettiest packaging, it was so minimalistic yet so lovely. I decided to purchase seven of their gorgeous wax melts, the majority of them of course being autumnal. The scents I purchased were:
  • pumpkin spice
  • cosy blanket
  • melted toffee
  • warm gingerbread
  • crede
  • coconut
  • Aloe Vera & cucumber
Pumpkin spice: This one was a whim purchase, i've never really been into the pumpkin spice scent but recently I've been enjoying all the pumpkin and cranberry scents that I haven't done in the past! This particular wax melt smells so Autumnal, I actually love it! 

Cosy blanket: I didn't really know what to expect with this scent, I mean what would a cosy blanket smell like to you? I didn't really have any perception on this one because it could literally have smelt like anything! I feel like this is your typical bathroom kind of scent, it's fresh and bright! it kind of reminds me of a soap like scent to it, I think these lighten up a room weirdly!

Melted toffee: This is personally my favourite one out of all of them. It's one of them scents where I could honestly just eat it, it smelt that good. I love burning the more sweeter scents in the kitchen as I think that's where they belong. I would give this a straight up 10/10.

Warm gingerbread: I used to actually struggle to find a brand who created the perfect gingerbread scent. I had always loved the Home bargains gingerbread wax melt but it sold out so quickly I was unable to buy it again, I was gutted! Village wax melts have created a beautiful gingerbread scent. Although sometimes gingerbread can be a little overwhelming, this one isn't that. It's the perfect scent that's perfect for autumn, I honestly cannot fault it at all!

Crede: I fell in love with this scent ages ago, I really have a thing for men's aftershave and this one has to be one I love the most. I love the musky vibe that comes with aftershave, it's a very sexy kind of smell, and this is amazing to have burning in the bedroom to create that vibe. I do think this is a very strong scent, it lasts forever and really a little bit goes a long way. 

Coconut: I wasn't sure what to expect when it came to this scent, ive loved coconut for such a long time now but I've always had such a bad experience with this particular scented wax melt. The one I previously tried didn't actually smell of coconut, it was just wax and it made me feel physically sick! I was pleasantly surprised with this one, my whole house smelt so beautiful. it wasn't too strong, but I liked it because sometimes you can get really strong scents and they're too much. This was perfect and it's lasting me so long! I get so many people compliment our home when they arrive, saying it smells so lovely!

Aloe Vera and cucumber: this was a fairly new scent for me, I hadn't heard of it before but oh boy am I in love with it now! It has a really lovely fresh spa scent to it, perfect for bathrooms and laundry rooms. It was hard to know what this was going to smell like, as I never really would've associated Aloe Vera and cucumber to go together but now I've smelt it, they go so well together. I quite like the transition of it, it's not overly overpowering but it's the perfect subtle fresh scent. Again, I really love this one and it's definitely one ill go onto purchasing again!

I overall really enjoyed trying out these new wax melts, I think the packaging is a huge winner for me, it's so pretty! I 100% will be purchasing more of these wax melts, there's so many amazing scents to choose from!

Kay x

2 comments :

  1. I have never used was melts before but they sound so good! I love the sound of warm gingerbread, melted toffee and pumpkin spice!

    https://www.emilyclareskinner.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh you so should try them out, I have them on all the time!! Melted toffee is my absolute favourite scent out of them all, it smells like a biscuit! Thankyou for reading xx

      Kay x

      Delete