SOCIAL MEDIA

Wednesday, July 15, 2020

Zoeva 'Spice of life' highlighter duo | review


I purchased the spice of life highlighter duo palette by Zoeva as a first time buyer. I've never tried Zoeva before but heard so many people speak about their makeup in such a positive way. I know their brushes get a lot of love, I really want to venture out and purchase some for myself but right now I cannot justify paying the £80 for it. To be honest with you, I was actually quite shocked to find out that they're not actually that much of an expensive brand. I'm so glad because I really would love to try out their foundation and eyeshadow palettes. For now I decided to buy the highlighter palette as I don't own that many highlighters even though I wear it on the daily!I paid £7 for this palette as it was in the sale so it was a huge bargain, but it's original price is £13 which isn't even that bad I don't think. I thought that Zoeva would be an expensive brand but they're actually pretty affordable if you think about it, so worth checking out. 

I do quite like this palette, but I wouldn't say it's a 10/10. I love both of the colours but I don't find them as pigmented as I would've liked. It could be that I'm very fussy with highlighter but I much prefer one that is a lot more noticeable. Sweet relief, I was really hoping it was going to be more of a champagne colour but it had more yellow tones than anything so it would be one that I apply only very little of at a time. Sinfully delicious was a bit too red for me, it's gorgeous as adding a bit of glow to your blush but I don't think I would reach for it everyday. Personally I found both of the shades very chunky and there was a lot of fall out, I'm gutted really because I had high hopes for this palette, but I will be trying more of Zoeva. I'm dying to try out their new Rose gold brushes and finishing powder. I'm not going to class this as a fail but as a trial for trying something new. I tried a brand I haven't used before and I'm sure I will love a lot of their other products.

Dont forget to check out Zoeva on their website or on beauty bay!

Kay x

Post a Comment