SOCIAL MEDIA

Sunday, October 18, 2020

Smith and Kennedy halloween wax melt edition | review



What better time to try out wax melts than Halloween. Smith and Kennedy launched their halloween range, and I was most excited about it. I have found that a lot of places don't offer the best Halloween wax melts and most only seem to offer the classic pumpkin spiced latte range. I love it, but sometimes you want a bit more than the OG.  I was most excited when I received this box of goodies, as we all know wax melts hold a very special place in my heart and I honestly cant find it in me to stop buying them, my house smells of all kinds of lovely. I once again found Smith and Kennedy on Instagram and the customer service was spot on. I had a little trouble with my order and whoever I spoke to was just so lovely and reassured me everything was going to be okay and that I wouldn't miss out.

I personally love the names of these scents, they give me very spooky vibes and I love it. The scents in the collection are:

  • Hocus Pocus
  • Witches potion
  • Spiced pumpkin
  • Poisoned apple
As you can see they're quite autumnal names, and I am living for it. Hocus Pocus being my favourite Disney film out there, I was beyond excited to give it a go and smell it. I say this with every wax melt review I give, but I didn't know what to expect. I had very different ideas when it came to ordering these, but I think you do with any kind of fragrance really. When I was looking at poisoned apple, I had very different expectations, I thought it was going to be like a soured apple.

Using these wax melts, I was very impressed that I got more than two uses out of them. I find a lot of melts only take one lot of burning and then they're done, but these lasted SO long and the amount of compliments we were getting every time someone walked in was just amazing, someone described our home as being a ball of halloween goodness, that's probably the best compliment you could give me. I do think that Hocus Pocus has to be my favourite scent, not just because it's my favourite halloween film but because it just smelt that good. It was no where near as sweet as I thought it was going to be, but that's good because I really cant stand it when things smell too sweet. This was sweet with a hint of calming oils and I really did like it, I'm going to be gutted when they run out because it's just so nice. 

I did also order a couple of other bars, and was gifted some heart melts which I was so pleased about! The two bars I ordered were black coconut and cherry blossom and sweet pea. They're both scents that I actually really love so I was most excited about it. As I've mentioned in previous posts, I find coconut scents are very hard to get right, but I found this one was so lovely, however it didn't really last as long as I had wanted it to, but scent wise it was spot on. Cherry blossom is a scent I love also, and sweet pea is my favourite scent ever, I was in love with this one. I was also gifted an extra wax melt, in the scent rhubarb and custard. I had never reached for this scent but I'm so glad it was given to me because it's one of my new favourites. I melted it for the first time and I honestly wanted to eat the whole house, it was that good. 

Check out Smith and Kennedy here: https://www.smithandkennedy.co.uk

4 comments :

  1. I used to have a wax melt holder and I just have no idea where it's gone! These sound fabulous, love the fact they are halloween themed too. Hocus Pocus sounds lush! xx

    www.iridescentplaces.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh no, get yourself one girl!!! Honestly, when you get one please try them out because they're so good, Hocus Pocus is my favourite! xxx

      Kay x

      Delete
  2. I have never used wax melts! I have a few but I don't have a holder haha!

    https://www.emilyclareskinner.com

    ReplyDelete