Tuesday, 14 February 2017

New beauty finds



I set myself a goal for this year to collect more makeup as I really want to expand my makeup collection and create different looks for my blog to share with you. I've always been that one person to stick with the same makeup routine and only pick up what I was running out of. It was getting a little boring and I felt like there was so much out there to offer for me as there are so many incredible brands out there who create such great makeup products which genuinely work and make you look good. 

I gathered some new makeup bits from Superdrugs and some from MAC (can you believe I'm actually purchasing more things from mac?!) and thought I'd share with you what I got.

Maybelline master brow pro palette. Let's face it, everyone knows that I leave my brows out when it comes to doing my makeup, I never really knew what the fuss was about. However, I really want to get into doing my brows now as I think they look great on some people. I feel like when you fill your brows in it really defines your face and can complete the look so I opted for this brow palette from Maybelline. Whether it works okay for me I'm not sure, but I'll definitely update you on that one. This palette comes with a brow wax, colour and brow-bone highlighter.



Maybelline master sculpt contour and highlighter. I have never in my life contoured, and quite frankly the whole concept scares me, however I've heard a few people rave about this so I wanted to give it a go and test myself on what I thought of it. This looks great to start me off with, as I don't think I'm at all ready for cream contour just yet. I love this one from Maybelline, the travel-sized packaging should come in handy for the times I need a bit of contouring up. This also comes with a highlighter which I'm not hugely obsessing over as I don't wear highlighter anyway! However I'd like to be a bit more adventurous with my makeup.



Rimmel scandal eyes precision eyeliner. I haven't used a different eyeliner since I found my love for the Soap and glory super cat liner. I'm quite protective when it comes to makeup as I feel like it's a risk when trying new products that you're already comfortable with. Luckily this purchase was kind of needed. It was back when I had a competition at college and I forgot about eyeliner so I grabbed this one hoping it would be okay. Much to my luck it looked amazing on my model and really defined her eyes. I mainly like the look of this because the liner itself is felt-tip based which is what I'm most comfortable with therefore I'm praying to the eyeliner gods that I'm going to like this one.



MAC lipstick in "stone". I really pushed the buttons this year and purchased something from MAC. My first ever purchase was "velvet teddy" and I was so impressed with the formulation and appearance that I knew I had to go and try another one. I picked up the shade "stone" which was way out of my comfort zone with lipsticks but it's already become my favourite lipstick to try. Its a cool-toned colour which looks great on pale people like me. It has the same texture and formulation as velvet teddy which is really great because there's nothing worse than a matte lipstick feeling horrible on your lips. I was so impressed with this and I'm already making new lists of lipsticks I'd love to try from MAC.



I'd love to know if any of you have tried out the makeup that I've bought, it's great to hear other people's opinions! 

Kay x

Post a Comment

© Kayleigh Williams. Design by Fearne.