Saturday, 4 February 2017

Feeling alone and ways to help yourself

Image result for tumblr quotes black and white happy

I spent the majority of January in a shell, feeling distant with the world and a little down. I've never really been one to have a major crisis in life and let it get to me but for some reason I just wasn't my complete self. Things got in the way, and it changed my perspective on life, and all I can remember is thinking to myself "when will this pain end?" It opened a lot of things for me, and I learnt a lot from it. I want this blog post to be able to inspire others and for them to know that it's okay to feel alone, and there are things in which you can do to improve yourself and allow yourself to have a more free mind.

Having a positive mindset.
I couldn't count on one hand the amount of times someone has said to me well you just need to think positive about it, because to be honest it would go straight through one ear and out the other. However, I cannot stress enough how much this helped me get through things. Although you may have your mind set on everything that's getting you down, having a positive attitude to it will help you so much. They always say that if you think negative about something you will get the negative, but if you think positive about something then everything will turn out okay. I strongly believe this because as soon as I started thinking positive about everything and reminding myself that I was going to be okay, it got a lot easier for me and I started looking at my problems in a much more positive way. 

Do what makes you happy.
When you're feeling low, all you really want to do is indulge yourself and get away from the issue. Treating yourself to something you love will really benefit you. I usually have a pamper evening or buy some new clothes but the choice is really up to you, as long as it's making you happy. I feel like there's something really therapeutic about buying something you've been wanting for a long time, or completely relaxing for the evening. Whatever you do, I can guarantee that it will improve your mind. 

Spend time with the people you love
I learnt a lot last month, and if there's one thing that I learnt then it was definitely being surrounded by the people I love. Sometimes you can feel so alone that you forget what it's like to be surrounded by people, but when you are it's the best feeling. I've been loving spending time with my college friends as we're all so close and get on really well. I look forward to going into college now because I know that everything will feel so much better once I'm surrounded by my friends. Make plans with your friends or even your family, and make it a day to remember for all the good reasons.

Kay x

2 comments

© Kayleigh Williams. Design by Fearne.