Saturday, 7 January 2017

Current beauty favourites



I've been wanting to step up my makeup game this year, try out new brands and own a variety of different makeup. I was useless last year as I only used the products that I was used too, I was basically too scared to try anything I didn't know. I wanted to change that up this year and experiment, so I've collected a couple of new makeup pieces that I've grown to love, and also a few of my old favourites have made an appearance.

MAC velvet teddy matte lipstick - I bought this a couple of weeks ago and I felt so proud. I have always wanted a MAC lipstick and I just knew that I had to try the lipsticks out one day. I chose velvet teddy as my first choice of shade as I've always wanted to own this one and I tried it one once and it looked amazing. I find that the feeling of these lipsticks don't crack your lips at all, and being a matte lipstick that's pretty impressive. It's super long lasting too which is great because there's nothing worse than making ten trips to the toilet just to top up your lipstick.

Maybelline fit me foundation - I found this earlier in the year of 2016 and I wasn't too sure about it as I'm extremely fussy with foundations. Much to my luck this foundation works really well for me and I've been using it ever since. I love how buildable the coverage is, and how comfortable it feels on your skin. A lot of foundations in which I've previously used have felt extremely cakey and sticky that it put me off. This has been a complete life saver, and for only £7.99 you just cannot go wrong.

Collection lasting perfection concealer - Believe it or not I never used to like this concealer. I think it was mainly down to using the wrong products at the wrong time. I love it now. I think the coverage is fantastic and it really does the job of covering imperfections, especially under the eye. It lasts absolutely ages too, so if you're wanting to go out and you're worried about your makeup sliding off then you wont have to worry.

Maybelline instant age eraser eye concealer - This is a fairly new edition to my makeup collection, and I'm really digging it. I love the application, it feels super nice on the skin, and I also love the coverage of this too. A little really does go a long way with this one, and it feels so comfortable on my skin, almost as if it isn't really there. 

Maybelline lash sensational mascara - I cannot stress enough how much I love this mascara. It does the job so well and I get so many compliments on my lashes. The length of them just expands times two which is great. I also love how long lasting this mascara is, and there's no fall out whatsoever which is also great, meaning that there's no need to carry it in your makeup bag all day.

So, these are my current beauty favourites. I've loved each and every one of them equally, however I would like to try out a lot more makeup, just to widen my makeup collection. Let me know what your current favourite beauty products are currently!

Kay x

Post a Comment

© Kayleigh Williams. Design by Fearne.