Saturday, 12 November 2016

How to overcome negative comments



When I was in school, I never really told people I had a blog. I left the link in my Instagram bio and posted regularly on Twitter but I never announced it on Facebook or Snapchat or verbally told people. I guess that when I started I was afraid people wouldn't accept me for who I really was. I hid myself under this imma be a loud bitch so people won't know the real me. I hid myself A LOT. I'm starting to show the real me, it's just so hard when you're surrounded by so many people who easily judge. 

The first comment I ever got was in my English class and It was something like "oh, are you gonna put that on your blog too, seeing as you post pretty much everything on there?". My heart did that sinking feeling and I immediately thought I was a crap blogger. Everything I had ever worked hard for turned into a ball of negativity, and I hated it. 

I then heard someone down the corridor speaking about my blog on how I think I'm famous or something. I'll say it now that I don't think I'm famous. Blogging is my hobby, therefore I'm going to work hard to make it my job. 

My biggest advice to give to you?

Ignore it. 

I know pretty much everyone will tell you that at some point in your life, but I cannot stress how important it is to block out the hate. If you enjoy something, then don't let ill-mannered people prevent you from achieving something in life. I've always told myself:


"If they're not lucky enough to have your number in their phone, then they're not lucky enough for their opinion to matter."


You have the power to ignore others, and you also have the power to encourage yourself to become a better and stronger person. Use what they've said, and prove them wrong. Make them regret they ever knocked you down, because you are so much better than they will ever be. Whilst you're out making something of your life they are spending their free time knocking others, making themselves look like fools. You are not the fool in this.

If you receive a negative comment on your blog, feedback on it but being positive. There is no harm in being kind, and it really does make you look like the better person. Although they've given you negative feedback, you've given back positive feedback. It shows you're willing to move on, improve it. You never know, it may even change that persons opinion on you.

Just remember, not everyone is going to understand you as a blogger. They will never know what goes on behind the screen. They will never understand the sleepless nights you may have had, trying to perfect that one blog post. They will never understand the amount of times you've ended up with a messy-ass room because you've spent hours trying to get the perfect photo. Don't let them control you. 

4 comments

  1. This is such a lovely post. x

    www.themakeupaficionado.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very inspiring post <3 I don't understand people that have so be so negative towards others! xxx
    http://www.samanthafrances.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou so much. I've never really understood it myself xxx

      Kay x

      Delete

© Kayleigh Williams. Design by Fearne.